PRECISION EROSION CUTTING
ES Precision uses erosion cutting techniques to produce fine cuts over moderate areas in thin materials. Metal and ceramic cutting up to 2mm thick material; some plastics and organics up to 5mm.
FOCUS ON FINE SOLUTIONS
- The process is precise and highly repeatable
- With no physical contact or high pressure gas or liquid, extremely fine and delicate structures are possible
- Local thermal damage is minimal
- laser marking of cut components for identification is also feasible, as part of the process.
- Cutting thicker metals (up to 2mm)
- Optical inspection using our new computer measuring machine
Erosion Cutting Process
- CAD file of shape to be cut is uploaded
- Galvos deflect focused laser beam to rapidly erode outline
- Material is vaporised to a depth of several microns
- Repeat until cut complete
Quality Assurance with Keyence Measuring Microscope
“The team at ES Precision (especially Tim, Mel and Tony) have been laser marking/etching our plastic pucks for the past 10 years. We have found them to be extremely helpful and accommodating with no request being too small/onerous for them. They have been extremely responsive in all our dealings with them and we have no hesitation in recommending them.”